Welcome to the Cornell Tree Climbing Institute (CTCI). CTCI promotes safe and environmentally responsible tree climbing techniques for recreation, education, and research. We offer tree climbing courses for all ages and experience levels both locally and internationally. We are also a source for multi-media information on recreational tree climbing gear and techniques. University programs wishing to offer their own tree climbing programs should check out our Program Resources page. For information, contact Mark Holton (email@example.com) at 607-254-2798.
The Cornell Tree Climbing Institute promotes safe and environmentally responsible tree climbing techniques for recreation, education, and research through active learning and collaboration.
- Education: Participants in CTCI courses are actively engaged in their learning experience. We challenge our students to think analytically, to use concepts they learn to solve new problems and to enhance their assessment skills. A key measure of our success is the independence of our participants.
- Collaboration: We seek to collaborate with other programs both within and beyond the university, to further our goals in larger setting, and to assist others in their efforts to promote environmental health, education and discovery.
- Excellence: We strive for mastery of craft in all aspects of our work from technical expertise and instruction to the facilitation of life-changes experiences.
- Responsibility: For CTCI, environmental responsibility is a heart-felt moral value, as is our commitment to the participant‘s safety and security.
- Health and Wellness: We strive to create a fun, lighthearted, and inclusive environment to enhance learning, productivity, and morale.